Privacy Notice – Seaweed Academy Course Booking
SAMS Applied Marine Science Enterprise Ltd. (SAMS Enterprise), Lismore Suite, Malin House, The European Marine Science Park, Dunbeg, Oban, Argyll, PA37 1SZ, Tel 01631 559 470
For any queries or concerns about how your personal data is being processed you can contact the Data Privacy Manager at DPE@sams.ac.uk
This privacy statement relates to the following process:
Online booking of a Seaweed Academy course.
Your information will be used for the following purposes:
To communicate effectively with you regarding your booking and the course delivery, and to process your payment.
Our legal reason for using the data is:
Use is necessary for us to carrying out our obligations under the contract with you, to supply the course.
If you were to withhold the personal information we require for this process, the consequences would be:
We would be unable to accept you on the course.
Your data will be shared with the following recipients:
- Any SAMS Enterprise staff required to assist in the organising, delivery and management of the course, who need to know it.
- Your data may also be shared with contracting company and third party vessel supplier, if not internal
Your data will be retained for a period of: 5 years following course delivery.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The following rights are rights of data subjects:
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to rectification if the personal data we hold about you is incorrect
The following rights apply only in certain circumstances:
- The right to withdraw consent at any time if consent is our lawful basis for processing your data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to object to our processing of your personal data
- The right to request erasure (deletion) of your personal data
- The right to data portability
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about our handling of your data.